We take privacy seriously, and always have done. Here is what we do:
- We collect only first name, last name, and email address (a few years ago we used to collect some demographic data - gender & geography - but we have not done this for some time, and all of the data previously collected has been removed)
- We use the information to send out our monthly newsletter
- We do not sell any of your data to third parties, and we never have done
- We don't share your data with anyone
- Our newsletter gives you the chance to unsubscribe at any time
If you enter any of our writing contests, then we will also keep your name, email, and competition details (your writing and your bio), in the Submittable system. Again, you have the right to view or remove your data (and withdraw any of your entries) at any time. You can learn about how they are managing your data (and the GDPR process) on their website at this location.
If you win one of our contests, then we publish your name, bio and photo on the website. You gave us permission to do that when you entered the competition, Hopefully you would consider that good news! If at any time, as a prize-winning author, you would like us to remove your bio and photo, then please just let us know.
If you ever have any concerns about how we use your data, please contact me directly: email@example.com