ThIS YEARS CONTEST is now open!
Previous winners listed here.
There are seven prizes which will be awarded by the InkTears judging panel:
- Winner: £1,000
- Runner-up: £100
- 6x Highly Commended: £25
- EXTRA PRIZE ADDED: $250 awarded to the best entry from a US writer - can be combined with any other prize except for the main Winner Prize
All prize winners will get their:
- Story published to the InkTears Readership
- Bio published on InkTears site
- Submissions must be a short story between 1,000 to 3,500 words in length, written in English. Any theme is acceptable.
- Story may have have been previously published in a magazine or online, providing the author still owns the copyright and there is no exclusivity with the prior publication
- Alternatively, the story may be as yet unpublished.
- Work must be entirely the work of the entrant, and the entrant must own the full publication rights to the story.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a bio including full details of any previous publication history of the story submitted.
- Submissions can only be accepted online.
- Each submission must be accompanied by an entry fee of £7.50, payable as part of the submission process
- Multiple submissions are permitted - there are no limits on the number of entries
- There is no geographical restriction on entrants, entry is open to all including non-UK based writers.
- Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Winning entrants agree to have their story published by InkTears in both electronic and paper format. Authors will retain worldwide copyright on their work with InkTears having publication rights.
- Closing date is 30 November 2018.
- Winners will be notified via email by 28 February 2019.
- Full results will be posted on this website by 30 March 2019.
- Entrants will be judged by the InkTears judging panel. The judges’ decisions are final and no individual correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry is confirmation of your acceptance of all rules and conditions.
- The prize for the best story by a US Writer is open to all US citizens (with a valid passport or State driving license), whether or not they are currently resident in America.